Easy 3 Minute Hummus
November 7, 2013
Store-bought hummus is great. Let’s be honest. We all need a little convenience. But for those times when you realize you have run out of hummus and still have a drawerful of veggies to eat, check your pantry for chickpeas and go for making your own!
I try to stay in the habit of purchasing a couple cans of different beans each week when I make our grocery store runs so that I’m always certain to always have a quick, healthy snack on hand like this homemade hummus or even like this White Bean Dip.
Easy 3-Minute Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3-5 drops doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil (to taste)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste (or use a drop of doTERRA Black Pepper)
- Place chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, and lemon oil in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- If no processor is available you can smash the chickpeas with a fork but the consistency will not be the same.
- Add other ingredients to taste and desired consistency.
- Serve with blue corn chips, whole wheat, sprouted, or gluten-free pita bread slices, carrots, sliced bell peppers, cauliflower, or snap peas.
Try these Optional Add-Ins to jazz it up a bit:
- Cayenne pepper
- Fresh parsley
Do you love Lemon essential oil as much as I do? Check out these other 5 ways that I use lemon oil daily.