Essential Oil Lemon Cookies
November 7, 2018
I am in love.
With lemon essential oil.
Lemon has always been one of my favorite scents because of how fresh and invigorating it is. But it is also one of my favorite flavors. And now, I’ve discovered how to make a yummy treat with this fresh citrus oil.
Fun Facts About Lemon Essential Oil:
- Did you know lemon oil is not the same as lemon juice? Our doTERRA lemon oil is cold-pressed from the rind versus squeezed from the fruit.
- The most beneficial part of the lemon is in the rind…but who wants to eat that? Next best thing? Lemon oil!
- Lemon essential oil naturally cleanses the body and helps detoxify your cells
- It’s great for supporting healthy respiratory function – especially when you’re more prone to seasonal threats
- Lemon oil is amazing for cleansing and purifying the air and surfaces – smells delish after cleaning and it’s not the fake smell of lemon Pledge I grew up with!
- Also, did you know lemon oil promotes a positive mood? Can I get an amen sister?
And NOW…let’s pack all that goodness into a cookie and it’s a little bite of heaven!
Lemon Essential Oil Cookies
Serves: 24 Cookies
- 2 ounces organic cream cheese
- 6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar, plus more for rolling the cookies in
- ¾ cup organic sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¾ cup flour**
- 15 drops of Lemon doTERRA Essential Oil**
Tips from My Kitchen to Yours
*I cut back on carbs by using 1¼ cup organic flour and then ½ cup doTERRA Trim Vanilla protein – it bakes well and doesn’t compromise the taste and texture of your cookies!
**doTERRA Lemon essential oil is only $10/bottle as a Wholesale Customer so it’s an easy addition to your kitchen staples!
Try these out for yourself and let me know below how you like them! Did you try it with the protein? What did you think?
I’m taking mine to a cookie exchange tonight. Yes, even the Oates go to cookie exchanges…we just try to make the cookies a little better for you. 😉