August 19, 2010
Try this one out for breakfast, or it also makes a great dinner! Eating protein at night is optimal because protein aids in repair and healing, which is what the body needs at the end of the day. We often have eggs for dinner. Eggs are a great source of Omega’s, good fat, and amino acids.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Eggs (free range)
- 1 handful spinach
- ¼ small onion, sliced very thin
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp garlic pressed
- ½ Tomato sliced
- 3 Tbsp crumbled feta
1. In a bowl, beat the eggs, and stir in the baby spinach, mushrooms, onions, and garlic.
2. Season with salt, and pepper. In a small skillet coated with coconut oil cook over medium heat, cook the egg mixture about 3 minutes, until partially set.
3. Flip with a spatula, and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, or to desired doneness.
4. Top w/ Tomato and sprinkle feta.