Delicious Pumpkin Latte with Cassia Essential Oil
October 16, 2011
It’s my favorite time of year! The cool air is here and the trees are turning beautiful colors. There is nothing better than sipping hot tea or a latte while sitting on the porch watching the kids play or talking with a friend.
The recipe below is a healthy version of what you get at Starbucks. The Starbucks Pumpkin Latte has 380 calories, 120 of which come from FAT! Plus it costs about $4.00!
My version has 10 – 20 grams of protein, around 200 calories and less than 25 calories come from fat – plus it is made with real pumpkin, not pumpkin-flavored syrup, so there is WAY less sugar too.
I can’t wait for you to try it!
Healthy Pumpkin Protein Latte
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 -2 scoops doTERRA Trim Vanilla protein
- 2 Tablespoons organic pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup; or stevia to taste
- 1 drop doTERRA Cassia essential oil
- 1/4 cup hot brewed coffee
- Top with whipped cream and cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg if desired
- Heat the coconut milk in a small pot or tea kettle.
- Add the milk and remaining ingredients to a blender, blending until well-combined.
- Pour into a mug and sprinkle with extra pumpkin pie spice, if desired.