Tonight was one of those “Uh Oh. What’s for dinner?” nights!! It’s the end of a busy week, the refrigerator is needing to be restocked, and I didn’t plan ahead!! (I think this has actually been all week, but tonight we just were lower on food so having no plan affected me more!) 🙂
So I thought, Spaghetti!! Perfect! It’s quick, easy, and takes only 10 minutes! I went to the cabinet to start dinner. Problem!!! No spaghetti noodles, or any pasta noodles for that matter (we try to stick to Gluten Free varieties if we do pasta).
Then I remembered one of my favorite things to eat – QUINOA (said Keen-wah).
Tonight’s meal took less than 15 minutes and came from scrounging around in the cupboards and it was honestly one of my favorite meals I’ve ever made! It was so yummy I will be adding it to my regular list of meals. And it is a super quick “What’s for dinner?” meal!
Make your quinoa and sauce separately (or purchase store bought Organic Marinara sauce). Top the quinoa with the pasta sauce and enjoy. I like to serve this with baby carrots, broccoli, or other cut-up veggies for a quick and easy meal.
- 2 Cups Quinoa (uncooked)
- 4 Cups water
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- Start the quinoa boiling.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until water has evaporated.
- Don’t overcook or add too much water. I personally don’t like squishy quinoa.
I double the recipe (typically you just make 1 cup) because I will use quinoa in another meal the next day or the day after. Just store the leftovers in an airtight container and have your next meal partially done!
Easy Homemade Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 lb. grass fed beef (or turkey meat)
- 1 can Organic Tomato sauce
- 1 can Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning OR
- my fav is doTERRA Basil and Oregano essential oil – dip a toothpick in and stir it into your sauce. A little goes a LONG way so don’t put in much!
Do you have a favorite “Oh my gosh! What’s for dinner tonight?” meal that is your “go to?” Share it with me below. I’d love to add it to my list!!